You can obtain various drugs in pharmacies without prescriptions. Knowing how to say “painkiller”, “medication” or “pill” can be useful during your time in Turkey. For the drugs that require a special prescription, you may need to see a doctor and explain your problems, hopefully in Turkish.
Please try to answer the following questions by listening to the dialogue:
- What’s the illness of the patient?
- Does the throat of patient hurt?
- Which drugs does the pharmacist give?
- Is there any side effect? If yes, what is it?
- Does the medicine pharmacist give cure the disease? How much do they cost?
- Uykuya dalmak
To fall asleep
To wake up
- Etken madde
- Yan etki
- Tedavi etmek
To heal, to treat
- İhmal etmek